• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Fractured shoulder

jake99

Bluelighter
few weeks ago i hurt my arm playing football . x ray didnt show so i got MRI and about 3 wks later found out i fractured my shoulder
orthopedist told me to keep it in a sling all the time which is kinda hard to do ...............should it still heal even if i dont have sling on all day long ?

Take it from someone who's dislocated their shoulder 5 times, fractured the head of their humerus, broken their collar bone twice and have had surgery twice, one of them a reconstruction, all on the one shoulder; Take your time with your recovery. Seriously, I made the mistake of thinking i was fine before I really was. It'd also pay off alot if you went and did some physio, your doctor can refer you to one.

As for the sling, I'd keep it on most of the day, and try not to use the arm. Sleeping on your back for a few weeks helps too. As does not driving.

Lol I also did mine playing football.

damn i hate that sling.............so it cant heal without it ?

No, it'll heal, but if you want it to heal to the best of it's abilities, utilize the sling. Not 24/7 - I know I didn't, but use it throughout the day. If you're just sitting around at home on the couch or just laying down or whatever, don't wear it - it's just cumbersome and annoying.

But if you're out walking around or at school/uni, then defs wear it. Then when bitches asked what happened, make up a rad story about how you punched out a yak, or arm wrestled a UFC champion, lol.

lol so its not gonna get worse unles i re injure it right ?